Join us Thursday, May 19, 2016 at The Garland in North Hollywood for the 5th Annual Evening of Hope, this inspirational event honors and celebrates our exceptional community partners. Through their philanthropic efforts and investments in our community and Haven Hills, our partners transform and save lives, they inspire all of us to engage in the spirit of volunteerism and community building – offering hope to Los Angeles’ most vulnerable citizens. This year’s honors include:
- Councilmember Bob Blumenfield, The Betty Fisher Legacy Award: Councilmember Bob Blumenfield represents the 3rd Council District, which spans the northwest portion of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley, including the communities of Canoga Park, Reseda, Tarzana, Winnetka and Woodland Hills. He is a strong advocate of survivors of domestic violence and Haven Hills. Councilmember Blumenfield has been instrumental in support of domestic violence prevention measures and legislation, his efforts have made a difference in the lives of many people through his work.
- Verizon, The Community Hope Award: Verizon Communications Inc. is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services. Verizon is committed to improving people’s lives and the communities we serve in the areas of education, healthcare and sustainability. The company is also on the forefront of domestic violence prevention through its HopeLine® from Verizon program and invests in organizations that provide education, prevention, and care for victims and empowerment resources. Verizon supports numerous programs across the country through HopeLine including The National Domestic Violence Hotline and NO MORE. For close to ten years, Verizon has been an amazing supporter of Haven Hills, not only by providing support for our programs, but also by providing hundreds of HopeLine phones for our survivors while staying at our Crisis Shelter.
- Penny Flinn, Citizen of Distinction Award: Penny Flinn is co-owner and President of Pacific Crest Consultants, specializing in providing services for project entitlements, expediting, and project management for a wide range of projects in Los Angeles. In the past, Penny served on the Board and Land Use Committee for Valley Industry and Commerce Association (VICA). She has been active in working with City of Los Angeles task forces regarding code simplification and permit streamlining. In 1988 Penny joined the Haven Hill’s Board of Directors, serving as Board President from 1990-1993, and assisted in developing the Haven Two 18-Month Transitional Housing Shelter. Penny and her husband, Gary Morris, are fully engaged in the non-profit and for-profit worlds, in 1993 they formed the Gaia Foundation, a 501-c (3) non-profit dedicated to the premise that the Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth, and have the responsibility to leave a better planet for our children.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS TODAY! Click here to purchase your tickets or sponsorship today.
DONATE TO OUR SILENT AUCTION: This is a great opportunity to support Haven Hills, and if you are a business owner this is a great opportunity to promote your business. All auction donors will be listed on the event program and featured on the flash screen during the event. All proceeds from the event and silent auction support our programs, providing critical, life-saving and life-changing services to over 3,500 survivors of domestic violence who reach out to Haven Hills each year. To donate, download the Silent Auction Form here or contact Maria Barahona at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818.887.7481 Ext. 121.
Silent Auction Donation Wishlist
- Experiences: Sports tickets, Spa, Beauty services, travel accommodations, frequent flier or rewards miles, walk-ons or set visits to shows, lunch or dinner with a famous person, backstage passes, film festival passes.
- Food: Restaurant gift certificates, private meals with a chef, gourmet coffee or chocolates, cupcake gift certificates, wine, alcohol, wine tastings.
- Entertainment: DVD Box sets, Book series, IPods, IPads, Kindle, Tickets to theater performances, TV taping, signed scripts, concert tickets, etc.
- Memorabilia: Signed sports memorabilia, signed musical instruments, Framed prints of movies or celebrities.
- Kids: Toys, Blankets, Apparel, Classes, Experiences, kid’s party services.
- Apparel: Jewelry, watches, sunglasses, scarves, outerwear.
- Art: Original or lithograph art in frames, ceramic pieces, small sculpture, succulent arrangements, presentation bowls or platters.
- Miscellaneous: Pet items, vehicle services, housecleaning/organization services, decorator consulting, small furniture pieces, lessons on anything.